Thursday, February 9, 2012

January...

So after the Patriots lost the Super Bowl to our rivals the New York Giants (Congratulations BTW) I’m over it now. Enough of that, start practicing for next year. There's always the Red Sox or Bruins :)

Ashville, NC- The mountains, slightly warmer than normal. The place we stayed was amazing; the Historic Brigman House built in the mid 1800's and refurbished in 2004; it was great. Views were amazing, the rooms were wonderful. A side cabin that was awesome with a loft. Thursday and Friday night consisted of friends, food, beverages, and of course a fire-pit! Saturday we went on a MicroBrew tour! Cool places with great beer (French Broad Brewing, Wedge Brewing, and The Green Man). Saturday night we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Zambra Wine & Tapas. Octopus, Beef Tri-Tip, Scallops, Shrimp; Oh my and to top it off a wonderful Blood Orange Spicy Martini! I very much enjoyed being with friends and hanging out, getting away for a few days was much needed. Nice to be away from the work area and be yourself.

Jewelry- well Bell Originals got put on hold during the holiday's because of my dining room table. I needed to feed people on it lol. I am determined to get a small desk and rearrange the guest room so it also becomes my jewelry/hobby room- guest bedroom. I did get to design and create a piece for a friend who was running an auction for her work. I was very pleased with that piece. So now that I have the bug back, more to come…

As far as yoga goes, I can't get enough. I enjoy my Monday and Thursday nights, my teachers are wonderful and I’ve met some wonderful people. I've accomplished so much in the 7mths I've been going. I could barly bend, stretch, fold and put myself into some of the positions. I surely couldn't do it without completely turning red, my heart racing, and needing a shower after. You would have thought I ran a marathon or climbed a mountain. Now I have learned how to breathe, pace myself, make adjustments where needed, my posture is better and overall I feel better! In the beginning I would be wiped out after class. Now I actually feel more rejuvenated.

So as far as everything else goes I’m just excited about Spring time. Warmer weather and longer days make for a more productive me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment